Specialist tour operator Grape Escapes has launched their latest range of tours to Rioja, offering an introduction to the various tastes and styles of Rioja wines.
You can take a mid-week or weekend two day break in the heart of the Rioja vineyards, with prices starting at £425 per person based on two sharing with discounts offered for larger groups.
Accommodation is at the four star Hotel Ciudad de Cenicero in Cenicero, just over an hours drive from Bilbao with private airport transfers included.
This boutique hotel is also near to the regions well-known towns of Haro, Logroño and Nájera. The hotel’s shop sells wines from the regions premium bodegas.
Gourmet dinners and winery tours
The stay starts off on the first night with a six course gourmet tasting dinner in the hotel’s gastronomic restaurant accompanied by a bottle of local Rioja. The tour is spent being chauffeur driven between wineries for the duration (avoiding all driving.)
The day includes a private tutored wine tasting session at a premium winery with its beautiful centuries-old cellars. This is followed by a tour of a modern winery in the region which includes lunch. The third tasting is at Rioja’s signature winery, Bodegas Baigorri, which opened its doors in 2001, finishing off the day with the traditional evening “tapas run” between restaurants on Calle Laurel in Logroño.
Stay a little longer…
An optional third night would include a visit to the celebrated modern estate of Bodegas David Moreno and a tour of the impressive pressing equipment in the wineries natural stone cellars followed by a selection of David Moreno wines served with lunch in the bodega’s restaurant with breathtaking views over the vineyards. This is followed by a visit of the Vivanco Wine Museum and a gastronomic five course wine pairing dinner at the hotel with all transport included in the package price.
Grape Escapes is a specialist wine tour operator, offering wine tours to France, Spain and Portugal with Italy coming soon. The company offers a broad range of wine tasting tours and trips to vineyards in Ribera del Duero and the main French wine regions: Champagne, Bordeaux, Burgundy, The Rhône and The Loire.
Grape Escapes run numerous wine tasting trips for individuals, groups (social groups, hen weekends, wine clubs, car clubs, and birthday trips among others) as well as wine tasting trips for corporate clients.
For more information telephone 08456 430 860 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do the packages and prices work?
- Prices are £425 for two nights and £629 for three nights per person based on 2 people sharing a double or twin room.
- For 4 people sharing two rooms, prices are £359 for two nights and £559 for three nights.
- For a group of 6 it is £309 for two nights and £515 for three nights per person.
- For 8 it is £275 for two nights and £479 for three nights per person.
- There are direct flights to Bilbao-Sondica from Heathrow (Veuling), London Stansted (Easyjet), Manchester (Easyjet) and Dublin (AerLingus).
- These prices exclude flights and include return private transfers to the hotel from the airport.
- There is also the opportunity to take Brittany Ferries overnight to Bilbao/Santander and the hotel offers securing parking.